Sunday, February 5, 2012

Here goes nothing.

I have considered starting a blog for a while. But I was not sure what I would blog about. My husband and I have had some interesting changes to our life here lately. I completely uprooted myself and our son to move back to my home town. Leaving my husband behind in his home state to finish his college education. Now this is not the first time we have been apart, however I think it has been the hardest since we now have our son.

I am born and bread Kansas girl. I think the Kansas farm land is beautiful. My husband is from the mountains and is used to seeing nothing for the trees. We lived in Montana for just over 3 years before I returned to Kansas. While Montana is a beautiful state, there is no place like home. I just hope that my husband will love it here as much as I do.

My husband is from Montana. He ended up in Kansas for the first time while stationed at Ft Riley in the Army. We were married in Sept 2006, and 11 days after we tied the knot he deployed to Iraq for 15 months. This would be our first separation as a married couple. When he completed his enlisted time we returned to Montana for him to work on his degree, in Forestry. Yes, we know this is an odd degree for Western Kansas. However, if you have a tree question I'll be married to one of the only "Tree Sperts" as we call him to answer. He will be joining us in May when he finishes up his degree.

As I said, I was born and raised in Kansas. I have college credits from 4 Kansas colleges and two degrees. One in Veterinary Technology, I am a registered Vet Tech. Then a Bachelors of Agriculture - Animal Science.  I work as part of a small, rural town police department as the Animal Control Officer. I have a love/hate affair with my job. I love my job, I hate that there are people so irresponsible out there with animals that my job must exist.

Well for blog one I'll call this good. Who knows what will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment